[esp-r] Re: ground temperature profile

Florian STIFT F.Stift at exeter.ac.uk
Tue Jul 3 09:18:45 BST 2007

Hi Felipe,

Have you had a look at the BASESIMP algorithm implemented in ESP-r?

This application deals with three-dimensional heat losses through basement
and slab on ground structures from buildings.

This method of connecting the building to soil uses a method developed from
MOORE to estimate the yearly ground temperature profile beneath a building.
Unfortunately I do not know for which depth!

The Reference to this Model:

Glenn Moore: Report for R-2000 Homes Program for Energy, Mines, and
Resources Canada.

Report Title: "Soil temperature estimation method". July 7th 1986

The calculation process is also used in the source code of ESP-r:

http://esp-r.net/espr/esp-r/branches/development_branch/src/esrubld/ground_t
emp_mains.F

I hope this helps!

Best Wishes,