[esp-r] Number of Periods in Zone Conrol

Ali fallahi ali.fallahi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 18:42:13 BST 2007

Hi,

  I am trying to simulate the indoor environment of a test-cell whose
temperature is varying hourly.  Using ESP-r, first I tried to use
sensor to control indoor temperature of the test-cell but zone control
module just allows maximum of 8 periods of a day which is not
sufficient for hourly variation ( I need at least 23 periods) . Then I
tried to increase these 8 periods by changing the source code (
MBCDP=8 in building.h ) , however I am not sure this change wouldn't
have side effects on the other parts of ESP-r. I would appreciate it
if someone could help me to know which parameter(s) should be changed
to increase the control periods of zone control module.  Is it
possible to assign or define more than one climate file in database
maintenance for one model (for example one for outdoor and one for
indoor environment)?

Best Regards,
Ali Fallahi