[esp-r] Re: climate data

Jon Hand (clcv10) jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Jun 7 08:18:50 BST 2007

About the recent question on converting climate
data.

I just did the conversion and sent it to Athanasios.  I suspect
that because the EPW file is a DOS file and if you
are working on Linux or a Mac then the line endings might
have been an issue.

All I had to do on my Mac (besides saving the final file as a Unix
file) was
to truncate the one line of the EPW file that is 700 characters long.

And as I noted to Athanasios there is additional information
needed about the start and end weeks of each season
of the year (start week of spring, start week of summer
start week of autumn, start week of winter).  This information
goes into the so-called 'climatelist' file so that the file
can be browsed and typical weeks or seasons selected.