[esp-r] Zone limitation/ control limitation?

Rehan Yousaf ryousaf at ise.fhg.de
Mon May 14 09:51:25 BST 2007

Hi all
I try to simulate a 21 zone model. With different control structures.
1. To simulate the activated ceilings (in simplest form), i place the
actuator in the middle node of the  concrete ceiling with an ideal
heating/cooling control.
2. To simulate an activated ceiling panel (in simplest form), i place
the actuator at the inside face of the ceiling with an ideal
heating/cooling control.
3. There are some zones which are free floating so there is no control.
4. There are some zones where i make the control over the zone air points.

The problem is
1. When i run the simulation with the start up days calculated by esp-r
itself (63 days in my case), i get a totally false result with zone
temperatures reaching to -200°C and 200 °C
2. When i run the simulation with lower start up days (3 days), i get a
rather realistic temperature profiles in the ground floor (7 Zones) and
on the upper most floor (6 Zones) but totally un realistic temperatures
in the middle zones. (reaching above 70°C).
3. I tried to configure the problem by saving the results using save
option 3. i.e. to get the information about node temperature. Node
temperatures in the middle zone (with false results) were reaching 98°C
where as in other zones they seemed to be ok for the first run(around 35°C).

Can it be due to the number of zones (21) and a number of controls?
Can someone give an advice.
Regards
Rehan