[esp-r] Re: controll: collector and floor radiant heating

Jon Hand (clcv10) jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Tue May 8 10:39:46 BST 2007

A recent question about using two sensors for a solar collector
control...

> In my plant network the pump is the only component with a control
> variable, however, it allows just one variable to control. That is
> either the collector or the room temperature.
>
> I was wondering if anyone has an idea how to tackle the problem of
> setting a control taking two setpoint into account.

There is a way to have multiple sensors in a mass flow control but
this is not yet supported for system components.  It might take
some time for such an option to be enabled.

It would help if we could collect detailed specifications of what
multiple sensor
control logic that might be useful to support.  If you have specific
opinions please send them (even better if there was a logic diagram
included)  to jon at esru.strath.ac.uk

-ESRU