[esp-r] controll: collector and floor radiant heating

Doreen Kalz doreen.kalz at ise.fraunhofer.de
Tue Apr 24 18:28:12 BST 2007

Dear all,

I have a single zone model which should be heated by a slab embedded
(floor) radiant heating system. As heat source I employ a solar
collector (component 31).

The pln file is the following:

# The following is a list of component connections.
   5          # Total number of connections
# receiving       node  conncn sending          node  diversion
# component              type  component                ratio
   pipe1             1     3     solar             1    1.000

   slab              1     3     pipe1             1    1.000

   pipe2             1     3     slab              1    1.000

   pump              1     3     pipe2             1    1.000

   solar             1     3     pump              1    1.000

My question concers the control algorithm: I would like to control the
water supply temperature from the collector and the operative zone
temperature. So far I prevent the supply water temperatures to fall
below a certain setpoint by enabling the pump in order not to cool the
zone during the night.
In my plant network the pump is the only component with a control
variable, however, it allows just one variable to control. That is
either the collector or the room temperature.

I was wondering if anyone has an idea how to tackle the problem of
setting a control taking two setpoint into account.

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Doreen

--