[esp-r] Forced Ventilation With Nodal Airflow Network

Ali fallahi ali.fallahi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 04:31:07 GMT 2007

Hi,

I  am simulating the thermal behavior of a double skin facade. This
double skin facade has been divided to 12 zones from the bottom to
top. For nodal airflow network part (natural ventilation) I assigned
one node to each zone and two nodes for ambient air ( totally 14
nodes). When I connected the nodes by "Specific Airflow Opening "
component I got a peak temperature of 40C at 3pm which is reasonable.
However, while I try to have forced ventilation and use " Constant Air
Flow rate" component I get a peak of 35C around 8pm which is not
justifiable. Even if we say that temperature decrease is because
higher airflow rate the delay in peak is strange ( 3pm to 8pm ??!!).
The way I connected the nodes for forced ventilation was that first I
connected the ambient node to first zone from the bottom by " Constant
Air Flow rate" component and left the rest of nodes (12 nodes) with
"Specific Airflow Opening " component. This way I considered a fan
from the bottom zone which is blowing up to the upper zones. I am not
sure about my configuration and my question is how I can have a forced
ventilation in double skin facade or any vertical duct being divided
to several zones in height. Which component do I need to use?

Many Thanks,
Ali Fallahi