[esp-r] Setting up time-dependent coefficients in MZSETU

blomanow at engmail.uwaterloo.ca blomanow at engmail.uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 6 19:21:05 GMT 2007

Good Day,

I am working on adding window shading models into ESP-r and have a general
question about difference equation set up in MZSETU.

I'm trying to understand the formulation of the difference equations for intra-
contruction nodes. As I understand so far, subroutine MZCOE1 sets up the time
invariant coefficients (ie. constant thermophysical properties) and MZSETU
completes the time-dependent coefficients (ie. convective/radiative
coefficients, heat injections, etc.).

My question is: what are the W coefficients in MZSETU and how do they fit into
the difference equations (ex. eqn 3.5) formulated in Chapter 3 of "Energy
Simulation in Building Design - 2nd Ed.", J.A.Clarke.

Thanks in advance,

Bart Lomanowski