[esp-r] Re: DFS questions

Aizaz Aamir Samuel aizaz.a.samuel at strath.ac.uk
Tue Mar 6 17:54:52 GMT 2007

Hakan,

The "DFS description" format is old and not generated by project manager
anymore. There is facility to read in the older version file but for some reason
it does not seem to work in your case (Velocity type boundary condition
definition is one of the changes). The current version of dfd file is 2.2

You need to define a CFD grid from the project manager (zones
definition>composition>CFD) and define the velocity type boundaries there and it
should work.

-Aizaz

Quoting Hakan.Nilsson at hig.se:

> Hi, I have been trying to run the DFS in stand-alone CFD only mode. I have
> read the ESP-r Data Model Summary 5.9 and parts of the thesis works on the
> site.
>
> 1: Where can I find information on how to make "*DFS V2 # Zone air movement
> description" dfd-files? (Everything in the literature seems to deal with
> "DFS DESCRIPTION  # dfs composition" dfd-files.) What is the difference?
>
> 2: When I build my case according to the ESP-r Data Model Summary and run
> it with the DFS(Windows Version 3.14a of January 2006) it always halts when
> it comes to the openings: "There are 2 openings: Opening type: V
> location:L" (stop) No warning! If i rem this part the whole dfd is
> executed. Does somebody know why?
>
> Please give me some hints!
>
> Many tanks in advance from Hakan Nilsson
>
> Department of Technology and Built Environment
> Laboratory of Ventilation and Air Quality
> University of Gavle, Sweden
> ---

Dr Aizaz A Samuel
University of Strathclyde