[esp-r] Re: air flow with constant humidity

Pueltz, Gunter Gunter.Pueltz at MuellerBBM.de
Mon Feb 19 15:15:34 GMT 2007

Dear Monika,

your second approach with an additional zone should work well:
I tried it once and succeeded in holding the supply air temperature as well
as the humidity
of supply air constant by using a zone-control function for this additional
zone upstream ....
This additional zone upstream might represent the AHU ....

For a constant air flow into your zone I recommend an air flow component of
constant mass flow component
(because the mass balance is solved and a constant volume component might
vary a little bit
due to varying density ...) between the ahu-zone and your room zone.
Do not forget an air opening towards outside for the air flow of ambient air
into your AHU ...

If you use only a constant air flow unit (without an AHU-zone) the humidity
of the incoming air is the same
as at the node the air comes from: In most cases the ambient air humidity

Gunter