[esp-r] Pressure drop at a sudden enlargement in a pipe

Jerome Conraud-Bianchi jerome_conraud at yahoo.ca
Sat Feb 17 00:32:29 GMT 2007

 Dear all,

I am trying to represent the pressure drop at a sudden enlargement, in a pipe.  The pipe initially has a triangular cross section and then an approximately twice larger square cross section.

Would anybody have any advice as to which correlation I should use when I create the component in my airflow network?

Thank you in advance.

                                Jérôme Conraud Bianchi
    M.A.Sc. Student in Building Engineering
Concordia University (Montreal-QC-Canada)

http://mail.yahoo.com