[esp-r] Re: CFD results and one minute time step

Geissler Achim Achim.Geissler at josef-gartner.ch
Thu Feb 15 14:25:47 GMT 2007

Dear Ian,
as already outlined originally in this same context, we do not have the time / capacity to maintain a developer branch (I am aware of the organization).
A well maintained code is definitely in our interest, of course. However, for changes as the ones done, we found checking results against the unchanged code for a few cases sufficient and then used the code. Generally, we will never be able to really dig into the functionality / model level of the code. So, I see three possibilities here:
	(1) If at any time in the future we are again able to do some small changes and they seem to work and somebody in the list may be able to use them, in future we do not share them
	(2) We share them in the manner I did with the community ... which can decide what to do with them
	(3) ESRU or NRC or whoever creates some kind of "basket" for such minor code changes - to which we could / would forward any such small changes we may be able to do - and they are checked / integrated by somebody who does extensive development, anyway, and has all the procedures for validation and whatnot up and running.

Best regards,
Achim