[esp-r] solar radiation code in esp-r

Rong Li arp04rl at sheffield.ac.uk
Mon Dec 18 02:18:10 GMT 2006

Hi all,

My project deals with the energy simulation of an atrium space in which part
of the vertical walls can be heated by the sun. Is it possible for the solar
radiation code in esp-r to calculate the distribution of solar radiation so
that the temperatures for both heated and unheated parts can be obtained for
each time step and then coupled with CFD? As I understand, CFD can only give
uniform boundary condition for each wall during coupling process. If not, is
there any radiation code available that can be incorporated into esp-r for
this purpose?

Thanks very much in advance.

Rong Li