[esp-r] Re: can not be able to simulate with Esp-r version 11.2

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Sun Dec 17 23:14:26 GMT 2006

A recent question....

I am trying to simulate my old version (esp-r 9) models with newest Esp-r
11.2. Unfortunately I can not be able to run simulations. I updated all the
files of my model...I am using cygwin X11...Everything seems ok. There is no
error message at all...However when I click on simulation "nothing happens".
I expect the simulator window but it is not open, and there is no error
message. Did I do something wrong?

Anyone can help me? To solve this problem is very very urgent for me...
Thanks in advance...

--------------------

Some errors that the simulator detects may not get reported in a way
that the user can see when running in graphic mode because the
application terminates.

To see potential errors try starting up the simulator in text mode
as in:
   bps -mode text -file the_config_file other_command_line_options

and look for messages.

And it is always a good idea to generate a fresh QA report in the
project manager - this forces most of the model to be scanned
and problems may be reported.

And if you find a warning or error when reading in an old model
please report this - it may be possible to include better checking
of older models.

-ESRU