[esp-r] Using mrt for view factor calculation

Geissler Achim Achim.Geissler at josef-gartner.ch
Tue Dec 19 16:25:20 GMT 2006

Hi ESP-r-ers,

has anybody used mrt for ray tracing based view factor calculation (as was
suggested a little while ago) on any problems with many surfaces? Are there
known limits? I tried this in a zone with 24 surfaces (see attached files,
if interested). Mrt does not seem to be able to cope with this based on
default settings for compile (I set the two parameters "grid division" and
"patch division" to maximum values - in this case 32 and 50). The results
are mainly zeroes ... for the zone view factors themselves and for the MRT
sensor.

Is there any experience on this out there? What / where would one need to
change settings in the headers and recompile for higher resolution? Has that
been done / checked in the past? Thanks!

Best regards,

Achim Geissler