[esp-r] Re: QA reporting of thermophysical properties

Jon Hand (clcv10) jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Tue Dec 12 09:02:57 GMT 2006

> What I do certainly remember (and what we hopefully wrote to you at
> some point and what has been fixed in the mean time?) is that the
> QA report *did not* correctly report the emissivity values actually
> used. We hat quite a mixup due to this at the time.

The QA report reports what is in the databases for entities that
matche a surface construction attribute e.g.
    *the optical property
    *the thicknesses of each layer
    *the thermophysical properties from the materials db entry
      for each layer.

If someone has manually edited the raw data in the zone constructions
file or the optical properties in a zone tmc file that is not
reported in the
multi-layer constructions used section of the QA report  (it is
assumed that you knew you hacked the files).

The section in the QA report begins with the phrase 'Multi-layer
constructions used'
and perhaps this is not clear enough. Anyone have a suggestion for an
alternative
phrase?

In terms of bugs - we have had reports that sometimes the QA report
does not contain an entry for the first construction. Other than that
if someone can supply us with models/reports where incorrect data
was reported that would help us track down glitches.

-ESRU