[esp-r] Re: Simulating solar sewage drying

Oliver Bucks oliver.bucks at club-internet.fr
Wed Oct 11 09:02:57 BST 2006

Dear Marc (and all),

 Many thanks. I had the same feeling myself - I do not consider myself an
 experienced (or capable) ESP-R user, but I have started to understand a little
 bit about it.....

 The problem is not limited to the internal temperatures within a solar
 green-house drying affair, but also to the iterative relationship between the
 RH, air internal air temp., sludge surface temp. (function of incoming SW
 radiation, evaporation rates..).......it's all very linked.

 Thankyou for your reply, it confirms my own (less founded) feelings.

 Olli Bucks

 ps. If an approximation of the effect of a free-floating humidity source within
 a building were to be taken into account in ESP-R, and to concentrate upon the
 Building aspects of a design, how would you go about it ?

 I saw something called "1D moisture gridding", but I think that's something to
 do with mould proliferation. Could it be 'inventively' used ?  I also saw a
 humidifyer component in the mass-flow menus (which I've never incorporated in a
 problem before). If I gave it a slightly larger surface area than the sludge -
 to take into account the rugosity of the sludge surface - could I leave it in
 'free-floating' mode (evaporation only by wind and sloar input) ?

 Olli