[esp-r] Re: Simulating solar sewage drying

esp-r at h-rd.org esp-r at h-rd.org
Tue Oct 10 19:29:47 BST 2006

Dear Oliver,

I would be reluctant to try to model drying of sludge accurately in a model like
esp-r.  I would guess that you can model part of the drying approximately, but
that you need more specialized models for accurate prediction.
As long as the sludge acts as a fluid, the drying is basically limited by the
incoming energy, but when the sludge becomes dryer, it behaves as a porous
medium, containing solid and fluid.  This phase is much harder to model and you
need a specialized drying model.

yours sincerely,

Marc Hoffmann
esp-r at h-rd.org