[esp-r] Simulating solar sewage drying

Oliver Bucks oliver.bucks at club-internet.fr
Thu Oct 19 13:01:33 BST 2006

Hello,
The introduction :
I Have been asked to simulate solar sludge drying. Given the answers I recieved
previously on the same subject, it has been agreed that the exact behaviour of
drying sewage sludge is not really the problem to be simulated. The aim is to
model one or two designs (materials, thicknesses and orientations) in order to
get the best. The aim is to design a decent envelope.

However, the indicator chosen is the mass of water extracted from the sludge via
evaporation per day as a function of simple weather and construction inputs.

The question :
Can someone please tell me how I can introduce an indoor, plane surface of water
in a model so as the evaporations rates are automatically affected by the
incoming solar radiation, water temperature and internal air temperature ?

I saw a component calles "swimming pool" but am not experienced enough to
understand how it might be put into use.

Many thanks

Olli Bucks