[esp-r] Simulating solar sewage drying

Oliver Bucks oliver.bucks at club-internet.fr
Mon Oct 9 18:13:41 BST 2006

Dear all,

I have ben asked to simulate a greenhouse in which treated sewage slugde will be
dried by incoming solar radiation and ventilation at ambient temperature.

I have no idea if ESP-R has the capacity to integrate the drying of material
(with regards to the effects to temperatures, hydrometrics)

The building part of the simulation shouldn't pose a problem, it is the input of
the sewage sludge's physiometrics and the possiblity of calculating the scicity
(percentage dryness) in time of the sludge which is giving me worries.

I noticed that there is no possibility to introduce the humidity of a material
in the materials' database, but have also noticed a control which makes
reference to 'wet opaque surface' and 'swimming pool'......

Are there any ESP-R users who have simulated the drying of substances in ESP-R
models, and have they encountered any problems (if so, how did they get round
them !!)  ?

Many thanks in advance,

Olli Bucks

Paris