[esp-r] Re: res truncates file output

Jon Hand (clcv10) jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Oct 6 16:47:53 BST 2006

A question about truncation of exported data....

> i'm working with the gtk-windows-version 11.1 and i'm having trouble
> exporting my data because the last few days are always truncated.
> so it
> get's a bit difficult to export the data of the last december days...

This is the first report of this.  The message does not stipulate
whether
this is a problem with models run over shorter periods or it happens
for all models and for all reporting types.

Some operating systems write to a buffer before writing to a file
and do not complete the writing of the file until it is 'closed'. Or
sometimes the OS waits some seconds and only flushs the buffer
after doing other work.

It might be necessary to not only toggle the export from file to
display but to wait for a moment or (this is a guess) exit
the results module.

If that does not work writing the data into multiple files -
for example one for the 1st 6 months of the year and then
write out the rest of the data to a 2nd file.

-ESRU