[esp-r] Re: 1) Bi-directional Doors in Horiontal surfaces2)Dummy-nodescheme

Oliver Bucks oliver.bucks at club-internet.fr
Wed Sep 13 12:01:45 BST 2006

Achim, you're right, I wasn't concentrating......

Olli wrote -
>The delta H should be precisely that between the nodes....
> eg, a horizontal skylight with an exterior node @ 0.5m above the skylight, and
> the zonal node @ 1.5m below the skylight, the delta H would be 2m and -2m.....

Achim wrote -
>In the example this would lead to an entry in the .afn file something like
>+Node         dHght   -Node         dHght   via Component
>zone           1.5   ext.node        0.5     skylight

I may have mis-modelled several constructions in the past if bi-directional
components shouldn't be used in horizontal positions......
Does anyone have feed-back regarding the modeling of solar chimneys and similar
constructions ?

Thanks,

Olli Bucks