[myplace-announce] Sharing Technology Enhanced Practice: Using Feedback to enhance learning through the use of technology

Sue Barnes sue.barnes at strath.ac.uk
Mon Feb 20 10:50:46 GMT 2012

Reminder: Sharing Technology Related Practice: Today's seminar in GH208
Monday 20th Feb 1-2pm
Using feedback to enhance learning at the University of Strathclyde
This event will explore feedback related issues within the context of the University of Strathclyde and beyond. Professor David Nicol will consider both the role of feedback in higher education and the conditions under which feedback would successfully enhance learning. Specific questions addressed include: What kinds of feedback will help develop students’ own critical thinking? Should students be given experience in providing feedback not just consuming it? How can we reduce staff time in delivering feedback? How might we enhance students’ engagement with feedback?
An overview of how technology enhanced systems for feedback that have been and can be implemented within the university will also be presented.

Cheers

Sue

Dr Sue Barnes

Learning Technology Advisor: CAPLE University of Strathclyde GH222b, 40 George Street G1 1QE
0141 548 3673
learning-technologies at strath.ac.uk<mailto:learning-technologies at strath.ac.uk>

The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, number SC015263