[esp-r] Setting up a comparative flow network control

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Mon Jan 13 19:56:41 GMT 2020

Dear all,

I am just finding my way through the setup of a flow network
representing a natural ventilation setting for a single-sided space. I
made some progress with the door component (which does not contain the
"bidirectional" string and is therefore a bit hard to find when working
with the cook-book) and a multi-sensor to model a user opening windows
when zone temperature is too high, and external temperature is lower
than the target. This seems to work.

What I was not able to solve so far is a behavior where the occupant
would open the window even if the external temperature is higher than
the target, but lower than the zone temperature. This is what I would
expect in case of a non-cooled building.

Is there some whay to trigger a control if the outdoor is lower than the
zone temeprature? Can I do that with multi-sensor, or do I need a
parallel connection for this case?

Best, Lars.