[esp-r] Re: Complex fenestration

Georgios Kokogiannakis gkg at uow.edu.au
Mon Mar 11 03:05:43 GMT 2019

Hi Mohamad,

The bidirectional facility in ESP-r that you are referring to was built several years before LBNL Window was able to output BSDF datasets and the data model is different, so unfortunately you will not be able to use the convenient BSDF outputs from the LBNL Window program.

The attachment that Achim sent contains the input requirements for ESP-r's bidirectional facility. This was prescribed by Fraunhofer-ISE at that time and those inputs need some instrumentation to be generated. This paper describes how to generate the required inputs:
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0378778805002082

While I have not used this facility for a long time, I am confident it should still work well.

Best wishes,
Georgios