[esp-r] Install script on OSX

Christopher Heard cheard at prodigy.net.mx
Sun Feb 17 18:01:26 GMT 2019

I am having a go at compiling and installing under OSX and I get an error message

 Error: libxml2 library not found in /usr/include
 or /usr/local/include. Support for xml output will be
 disabled but the rest of the installation will
 proceed normally.

Looking in the install script I have found the following:

"if [ ! -d /usr/include/libxml2 ] && [ ! -d /usr/local/include/libxml2 ]; then"

However the libxml2 folder is in  /opt/local/include - should I edit the install script to look in this folder?

I am using homebrew to get all the libraries etc.

In a previous incarnation of the how to install in OSX the suggested way of invoking the install script gives a compiler version option of -6, i.e.

or if you are using homebrew the compiler name is a bit different so use:

 ./Install_o1 -d /opt/esru --gcc4 --debug --compiler_version -6

Does this still apply?

The GTK interface option contrary to the instructions, is not asked about interactively but is available as a command line option to the script.

Is this because the use of GTK is discouraged or is it just a feature of the present install script?

Similarly I get the following error message

 Installing components of ESP-r version V13.2.11 of 12 February 2019
 to /opt/esru from source in /opt/ESP-r_V13.2.11_Src/src.
    - installing disableSQLite ...
 Error: could not build executable disableSQLite!
 Error: result /opt/ESP-r_V13.2.11_Src/src/lib/libSQLite.a.

There are several places where the file “libSQLite.a” does exist on my machine - I suppose that copying one into /opt/ESP-r_V13.2.11_Src/src/lib/  would be the right thing to do.

Christopher Heard