[esp-r] ESP-r re-release

Joe Clarke joe at esru.strath.ac.uk
Wed Jul 4 17:07:47 BST 2018

Hi All

We have today re-released ESP-r, which henceforth will be available from
www.esru.strath.ac.uk (follow the ‘Applications’, ‘ESP-r’ and ‘Fetch’
links). There you will find three files for possible download:

       1.    ESP-r_V13.1.1_Readme, describes the purpose of the
following two files;
       2.    ESP-r_V13.1.1.deb, a precompiled installation for Ubuntu
18.04; and
       3.    ESP-r_V13.1.1_Src.tar.gz , the system source files.

While we have significantly changed the ‘Install’ file and rationalised
folder names, we have NOT changed the source code relative to the
version we took from GitHub on 14 June 2018.

Please note that we anticipate a large number of changes to the system
in the near future, resulting in the issue of frequent new releases.
Should you have code changes that you would like to integrate before
this happens, please let me know and I will prioritise your submission.

As to the process for contributing to system improvement in future, I
would ask that you adhere to the following procedure.
       •    Keep each change as small and self-contained as possible (to
speed up conflation and facilitate quality assurance).
       •    Inform me of your intended change and the time period
required to effect it (to allow me to understand what parts of the
system will change and
             thereby manage conflicts).
       •    Implement your changes in the latest release as above but
only after I inform you that this is available (to ensure that you build
on the latest version).
       •    Submit your change to me as a modified source file or entire
folder along with a description of the new feature and how it was
tested. I will then
             interact with you, as required, to integrate your offering,
confirm the correct outcome and post a new release.

Our intention is to support the development of new and useful
functionality while bringing appropriate scrutiny to bear on the changes
being made.

In the near future we will enable an acknowledgements feature to give
due credit to the many individuals who have contributed their time and
talent to the ESP-r project.

Regards,

Joe

__
Professor J A Clarke
Director, ESRU and BRE Centre of Excellence
Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering
James Weir Building
75 Montrose Street
University of Strathclyde