[esp-r] Re: Converting weather file to EPW

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Tue Apr 24 14:49:43 BST 2018

And EPW files need to be converted to ESP-r weather file format for use in an ESP-r
simulation.  The clm module can do this.  To find out how issue the command clm --help

The command to create an esp-r weather file named new.clm from an eps file
named current.epw would take the following form:

  clm -file new.clm -act epw2bin silent current.epw

You can then copy the esp-r climate file to your model dbs folder and, in the
project manger databases menu associate that file with your model.

Exercise 3.6 in the Strategies for Deploying Virtual Representations of the Built Environment
takes you through the process.