[esp-r] Re: Automatic rounding of decimal points - locale settings

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Tue Nov 10 10:15:21 GMT 2015

If the language is defined with a comma as the decimal point then lots of places where
data is read from a file is impacted.  ESP-r assumes that a comma is a separator between
entities.  It can mess up scanning a model very quickly.

If someone wants to test a newer installer for ESP-r to run on Windows 7 I can send a link
(back up your older stuff first and ensure that the language decimal point is correctly set).

Compiling for Native Windows is not as horrible as it used to be (MSYS2 comes with a
package manager now), but a bit more complex than compiling for Linux or OSX.

Regards, Jon Hand