[esp-r] Re: Old Esp-r - and relationship between ESP-r and Radiance

Macdonald, Iain Iain.Macdonald at nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
Mon Nov 9 19:30:15 GMT 2015

Hi,

I've just been fighting with this very issue! Here's what I've got working:
1) Radiance can be downloaded from github. I tried to compile it from source and that would not work for me. Download from https://github.com/NREL/Radiance/releases which has the installers.
2) Internally e2r (the ESP-r radiance module) converts all paths to windows style (back slash folder separator). I'm working on Windows/MSYS setup which when running the system command will execute the unix commands used by e2r with cmd.exe which treats all the back slashes as escape characters. In other words they don't work!
3) Changing the above issues and where commands are chained using ";" to "&&" gets e2r working and I'm calculating daylight factors.

My code is a mess just now but once I finalise the changes that need to be made and figure out how to upload the code it will be there for everyone.

One question for the group - when we talk about running on windows do we mean pure 100% windows or the Windows/MSYS combo?

Iain