[esp-r] Outdated zone-files and missing constructions

Lars O. Grobe grobe at gmx.net
Tue Apr 7 16:25:05 BST 2015

Hi,

I have two questions, one being about a warning I would like to understand, the other a problem I need to somehow solve:

1) When loading my model in the project manager, I get a warning about an out-of-date format for a zone operation file. I Choose to update it, but the warning appears again with the next start of esp-r.

2) After updating, I am asked wether I also want to refresh the zone construction files from common materials and construction attributes. If I select yes, I end in a lot of messages about constructions which were not found in the mlc db (thus resetting to UNKNOWN is proposed). The construction is indeed not in the mlc, however, I see these constructions in the .con file. I first experienced this after (shame on me) playing around with some complex fenestration constructions, I had better though about doing this with a copy of my model. Obviously I do not have a clear understanding of the role of the two files - is the .con an alternative to the .db for keeping constructions, or does it just reference the definitions in the .db? I have a file .constrdb in my model directory, however I cannot select it from project managar (which allows me to choose only from ../).

Any help is strongly appreciated - more to understand what is in the files than to avoid re-defining the few constructions.

Cheers, Lars.