[esp-r] Re: Has ESP-r finally been validated according to EN 15265 and EN 15255?

Georgios KOKOGIANNAKIS Georgios.KOKOGIANNAKIS at nottingham.edu.cn
Tue Jun 10 10:47:59 BST 2014

Hi Bjorn,

The quick answer is yes for the 15265, and partly for 15255.

Unfortunately, the only documentation that I am aware of for EN 15265 is at "Appendix E" of my PhD (http://strathprints.strath.ac.uk/7816/1/strathprints007816.pdf).
Do you need the documentation in a specific format or would what is inside Appendix E be enough for your purposes? I remember that we also wrote a report about that 6-7 years ago and it was formatted according to the guidelines of the Standard. However, the report never made it out to be published at ESRU's website at that time. Not sure if I still have it somewhere within my back-up files.
As Jon mentioned the 15265 tests are also publicly available in several branches and you probably have them in your folders too (look inside the validation folder).
I have just run Test 1 of 15265 with a generally recent version of ESP-r (6 months old) and I get exactly the same results as the ones produced 6-7 years ago and are reported in Appendix E. In other words, the results in Appendix E are probably the same as the ones you would get with the current version of ESP-r. Generating these results (for 15265) was automated at that time by pressing the validation button in Project Manager but that specific functionality for 15265 tests only was lost after a period of time, perhaps due to changes in other parts of ESP-r.

Regarding 15255, I am not aware of anyone who has managed to fully complete them and produce the relevant documents. Having said that, me and Paul Strachan did look at them in the past and we did come very close to completing them.

Best regards,
Georgios