[esp-r] Shading-insolation file error while simulating

Matias Bottarini Clerici mabotcle at etsii.upv.es
Fri May 16 17:27:11 BST 2014

Dear all,

I've found some problems before simulation is commenced. A message
pops up saying:

'Could not find "cfg/../zones/Room_1.shd" 'Continue'

' Zone 1 shading/insolation file cannot be opened.'

In order to define the shading obstructions and calculations, I
followed all the instructions in the Cookbook plus some other advices
like leaving 10 mm between obstructions and zone objects.

I checked that the files 'Room_1.shd' and the ASCII 'Room_1.shda' were
created in the 'zones' file. Everything seems to be in place. In fact,
I can open the 'ish' platform without problems and the shading factor
calculations seems to be ok.

I've checked the paths of the zone folders in the 'folders & files'
option in the Project Manager, and everything it's ok.

I've tried to delete and re-define the obstructions and create from
scratch the '.shd' files.

On the other hand, I've openend the exemplar
'simple/building_shading.cfg' (the one that is defined in the
Cookbook) and ran a simulation without problems...

I'm using the X11 interface on a Cygwin simulator, so in order to see
if there is any problem with the file execution paths, I've tried to
open my 'Project.cfg' file from:

~/home/models and ~/home/models/Project

and the message stills popping up...

I don't know what else to do,

Any idea of what could be the problem or some process to follow?

THank you very much,

Matias