[esp-r] negatif energy saving

Gül Nihal Güğül gulgugul at yahoo.com.tr
Mon Apr 21 09:19:34 BST 2014

Dear All,

My question is about enegy saving when changing the glass or insulation material in a model house.

I have done some schenarios. For example, the model house has 12 mm air filled double glass, and I changed this material with 12 mm air filled triple glass. And in another schenario I changed the thickness of insulation material. The model house has 80 mm insulation and I changed this with 120 mm insulation, also I changed the "k" value of insulation material.

I compared the hourly simulation results. In some hours,

-energy consumption of the model in triple glass was more than the energy consumption in double glass
-energy consumption of the model in 120 mm insulation was more than the energy consumption in 80 mm insulation.

Is it possible? or does it mean that there is something wrong in the model?

Thank you so much for your help.

Best

Gul