[esp-r] Yan: Re: casual gains and electricity consumption

Gül Nihal Güğül gulgugul at yahoo.com.tr
Mon Apr 21 09:12:37 BST 2014

Dear Nicolas and Jon,

Thank you so much for your help. These informations solved my problem.

Best regards

Gul

17 Nis 2014 18:05 Perşembe tarihinde Nicolas Kelly <nick at esru.strath.ac.uk> şöyle yazdı:

Dear Gul,

ESP-r only calculates the electrical demand if you explicitly define the electrical characteristics of the casual gains that you are interested in such as lighting or small power loads. There are two means of accessing electrical information.

1)      When defining the casual gains for each zone there is an “electrical data” option, which allows you to put in the electrical data for each gain. ESP-r will then calculate the electrical demand of each load for which electrical data has been defined and you can then access the aggregate zone electrical demand through the results module.

2)      A more advanced option is to define an electrical network in ESP-r (which requires some electrical knowledge) and link the casual gains (with electrical data) into that network; this allows you to model linked networks of microgenerators, building loads and HVAC equipment and explicitly track electrical power flows.

There are a couple of exemplars with electrical networks – the sports centre with CHP and the factory with the PV façade.

Regards,

Nick Kelly
Dr Nick Kelly
Senior Lecturer
Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
and
Associate Director
Energy Systems Research Unit
University of Strathclyde
James Weir Building (Rm 8.14c)
75 Montrose St
Glasgow G1 1XJ
t: +44 (0)141 574 5083
e: nicolas.kelly at strath.ac.uk
The University of Strathclyde is a charitable body, registered in Scotland, with registration number SC015263