[esp-r] blowing door simulation test...

Nicolas Espinosa nico_espinosa19 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 7 11:16:15 GMT 2014

Dear esp-r users,

I am currently planning to build a passive house. I have entered the
geometry and I would like to calibrate correctly cracks through windows
to represent the passivhaus standard ie max 0.6AC at 50 Pa. I have started
to enter the air network following cookbook advices.
In terms of lengh of the crack I took 1/10 of the window perimeter. Now
it lasts to enter a crack width (common to all windows). This means that
for each window I will have a crack proportional to its perimeter.

I would like to make a kind of "blowing door" test to calibrate that
crack width and respect the 0.6AC at 50 Pa (so that means without heating
the house).
1) Is it something possible ? how should I proceed ?
fix a 0.6AC flow rate with a fixed extract volume and then adjust the
crack width accordingly  to get 0.5 Pa delta P?

2) What is the typical day I should do that test (spring day not too
hot, not too cold, not too wind ?). I imagine that the temperature plays
an important rôle . Should I control the heating/cooling of the house to
reach a constant temperature in all zones of the house while making that
"blowing door simulation test" ?

3) Where can we check that we are effectively @ 50 Pa delta P between
inlet of the building and outlet (pressure induced nodes)?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Nicolas