[esp-r] AIM-2 model

Alex Giroux asgiroux at uwaterloo.ca
Tue Mar 4 22:13:47 GMT 2014

Hello,

I am trying to set up the AIM-2 model for characterizing the energy loss
from infiltration in a single zone detached house.

I have found lots of information on the required inputs for the AIM-2
model, but nothing on problems with implementing the AIM-2 model within
ESP-r.

When I have set up the AIM-2 file and go to run a simulation with the model
in place, selecting the cfg file causes the simulation module to crash and
close as soon as I have selected my cfg file. Deleting the AIM-2 file from
the model and using scheduled infiltration allows me to run the simulation,
but does not allow me to use the correct air infiltration for my model.

I'm also supplying ventilation to the house using scheduled air flows.

I'm running ESP-r using Cygwin and the only error message I am getting is
"STOP Error in AIM-2 input file."

If anyone can shed some light on this it would be very much appreciated.

--
Alexandra Giroux, EIT
MASc Student