[esp-r] Re: Adding HRV to model

Jeremy Cockroft jeremy at esru.strath.ac.uk
Tue Dec 3 15:09:13 GMT 2013

Alex, keep it simple, as in this example:
If your HRV is 80% efficient, and handles, say 100m3/h, then set your ventilation rate at 20m3/h (as this is all that you require to heat, the balance being recovered by the HRV).  You may have infiltration as well, as in your base case, to include.  This avoids all that pesky plant simulation.
Regards,
Jeremy Cockroft