[esp-r] Re: Materials errors - not if you are using the development_branch

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Fri Nov 8 14:59:44 GMT 2013

The usual source code branch that most people will want to use is the development_branch.

The warnings are related to a gradual change from reference to common materials via an index
in a database to reference to the name of the material in the database.  Some older models
will have materials database files which have non-unique materials names.

The development branch version will offer to start a text editor so that you can alter
one of the material names.  And, in general you should not see these messages with
the development branch because all of the exemplars and testing models that come
with ESP-r have been corrected.

Is there a specific reason why you would want to 'borrow' Joe Clarke's branch for
doing this test rather than the development_branch?

And I just made a new Windows 7 installer for the development_branch version
and a 32bit Cygwin installer for those who like that approach. I can send links
if anyone is interested.

-Jon Hand, ESRU, Glasgow