[esp-r] Re: sensible heating and sensible cooling results

Diaz, Camilo Camilo.Diaz at WSPGroup.com
Wed Aug 14 13:52:02 BST 2013

Hi Cristina - one thing to check is your internal gains. In some cases
this is the dominant factor rather than the external climate.

Camilo

From: esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk
[mailto:esp-r-bounces at lists.strath.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Cristina Aloisio
Sent: 14 August 2013 11:27
To: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk
Subject: [esp-r] sensible heating and sensible cooling results

Hi all,

I would like to ask something about the energy delivered results because
probably I have a problem in the obtained values. When I display the
results about sensible heating and sensible cooling for all the year I
have a higher number in cooling required hours than in the heating
required even if I change the climate type considering a cold climate
like Berlin for example. I tried to simulate cellular_bc example,
changing the climate location in Berlin, in order to see if there was
some mistake in my model, but I have the same trend, the cooling degree
hours are more than the heating (No. of Hr.required for heating= 1058.5
- for cooling: 2185).

Could this be normal for some reason? Otherwise, how can I solve this
problem?

Thank you

Cristina