[esp-r] plant configuration file error with new development_branch code

Dimitrios Sfakianakis dimitrios.sfakianakis at strath.ac.uk
Wed May 29 17:44:27 BST 2013

Dear list,

Today I downloaded and compiled the source code from the development branch (development_branch at r9237) in Ubuntu ran through VMware virtual player in Windows, and started having some problems with editing plant configuration files. At first I thought it was a compatibility issue since my models were created with a different version of esp-r however I get the same problems with newly created models and exemplars.

For an existing plant configuration file (e.g. the exemplar component based HVAC system) when I try to modify the plant network the first time, I get an indication of "error reading plant data base" for each component defined and when I exit and try to modify it again I get the following error

"FAILURE: in ../zones/coridor.geo: the plant db pointer value (0) < allowable minimum 1!"

Is anyone else experiencing any similar problems? Any ideas about what might be causing the problem? I am also attaching a screenshot of the problem. Everything was working fine with the previous version I was using.

Thanks for the help and support.

Dimitris