[esp-r] Re: Setting a constant heat transfer coefficient

Achim Geissler achim.geissler at intergga.ch
Mon May 13 21:56:51 BST 2013

Hi Daniel

in "Browse/Edit/Simulate":"Composition":"convection coefficient" you can choose the zone you want to set up the (convective) coefficients for. The actual procedure is quite self-explanatory, then.

Note that it is not possible to define an overall heat transfer coefficient, only the convective part (which you can set constant, however). To get around this "limitation", you could define the emissivity of your surface materials to a value close to zero to "turn off" radiation exchange. Then, the convective coefficient would be the "overall" heat transfer coefficient (not that I have ever tried this).