[esp-r] Re: Custom ground profile

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu May 9 09:58:20 BST 2013

If what you are trying to do is model a middle floor of an office building and want to setup
boundary conditions for the spaces above / below then you have several choices.

Setup a simple bounding zones and control them appropriately (see the exemplar in
technical features -> bounding zones above/below

Set the floor to a 'similar' boundary condition (if the office is warm the 'other side' is
assumed to be warm. Do the same for the ceiling.

If there is a dropped ceiling then consider whether the conditions within the ceiling
void are different from the office space below it - if so then model that as a separate
zone.

If there is a raised floor and the condition in the raised floor is different from the
office then model that as a separate zone.