[esp-r] Re: slab-on-grade hydronic floor in a solar heating system

Geissler Achim achim.geissler at fhnw.ch
Tue Apr 9 08:00:54 BST 2013

Dear Ida

a)      The "dangerous" warning can be ignored, however, most likely the results file does not have any useful content

b)      Are there error messages during simulation for your plant net without the fourth connection? Have you tried reducing time step (especially, if there are warning messages in regard to water temperatures)? Could you give *your* net with component types (how many nodes in the tank, for example)?

A very small plant network with the components you describe will be very "quick", thermally. Try one minute plant time steps. Also, the coupling with the building via slab on grad hydronic floor may make short building side time steps necessary (try 10 ts/h building and 6 ts/building_ts plant).