[esp-r] Re: obstruction blocks (shading)

Geissler Achim achim.geissler at fhnw.ch
Tue Apr 9 07:52:01 BST 2013

Dear Sébastien

no, obstruction blocks do not reflect radiation, sadly (they are "perfectly black" for all practical purposes). They can, however, transmit radiation (you can enter a transmissivity). The material you define for an obstruction is used only for visual output via Radiance, though.

There is a toggle in the setting up of obstructions which allows for "beam only" or "diffuse shading also" calculations. I would expect that when "diffuse shading also" is chosen, ground diffuse reflectance is taken into account. But I am not sure.