[esp-r] Re: Casual gains

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Feb 18 12:11:24 GMT 2013

A question about step-changes in casual gains....

The solver in ESP-r works by solving for the current timestep and
future timestep and then saving the average state.  The result of this
is that casual gains for the current timestep and the future state are
averaged when the performance data is written out.

To make the transition quicker run the simulation at a short timestep
(say 5 minutes rather than one hour).