[esp-r] Air supply and extraction from zones connected with a crack

Dimitrios Sfakianakis dimitrios.sfakianakis at strath.ac.uk
Fri Jan 25 16:40:55 GMT 2013

Dear list,

I am modelling a room with an en-suite bathroom where I have air supplied to the room and air extracted from the bathroom. The two zones are connected with a crack (under the door) in the flow network defined. Today I tried representing the HVAC system with the actual plant components however I couldn't define air supply to one zone and air extraction from the other since when I define air extraction from the bathroom, Esp-r asks for the supply component. Has anyone ever faced any similar situation with air supply and extraction from adjacent zones that are connected with a crack? What strategy should I use?

Thanks

Dimitris