[esp-r] Re: Thermal indoor climate in kitchens

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Mon Dec 3 08:40:48 GMT 2012

My recollection of a project which had a restaurant kitchen was that many
exhaust hoods will be matched with an equivalent fresh air source near
the stove so that the hood does not de-pressurize the building.  If the make-up
air and exhaust are balanced then the impact on the adjacent spaces is greatly
reduced.  There will still be a radiant contribution for some stoves and hoods
are imperfect.

Probably this would be a good topic to put out on the bld-sim list.