[esp-r] Re: ESP-r and BCVTB

CleanTech Analytics jeremiah at cleantechanalytics.com
Sat Dec 1 21:40:41 GMT 2012

This message was origonally posted to the ESP-r list. I am looking to
run E+ co-simulation so have interist in seeing how this problem is
solved so am responding,  Reading the problem reminds me of problems I
have seen posted to the BCVTB list, so I have copied this message to
the BCVTB list, hopefully someone has insight for you from the BCVTB
list.Message: 1 Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 09:45:07 +0100  From: Welma
Pereira <welma.pereira at gmail.com> Subject: [esp-r]  ESP-r and BCVTB
To: esp-r at lists.strath.ac.uk Message-ID:
CAKYukkeVQV=Lx0wpQrhy0y7YQgmWz8YJ84ucYmkVyCG8_s_YQQ at mail.gmail.com>
having an error message when I try to run the example espr-shading I
am using a linux virtual machine (ubuntu) 32 bits  The error is this:
*** BCVTB - Establish client socket
Error: Could not open file 'socket.cfg'.
Error: Error when attempting to parse file 'socket.cfg'
Error: Could not obtain socket port number. Return value = -1.
socketFD: -1
Error: Called write to socket with negative socket number.
sockfd : -1
Error: Received retVal != 0. Exit simulation.
I don't understand because the file is there and have the permission
to be open.Can you help me to solve this?

Many thanks, Regards, Welma.