[esp-r] Re: How to add local weather data

Jon Hand jon at esru.strath.ac.uk
Thu Nov 8 09:26:11 GMT 2012

There is a section in the current ESP-r Cookbook which discusses how to convert
EPW files to ESP-r weather files.  And here are the key steps:

Say I have an EPW file named JPN_Kagoshima.478270_IWEC.epw
If I give the following command it will create an ESP-r climate file named Kagoshima

clm -file Kagoshima -act epw2bin silent JPN_Kagoshima.478270_IWEC.epw

There is now a new file Kagoshima

I can then run clm again and look at the data inside.

clm -file Kagoshima

I might also want to create an ASCII version of the ESP-r weather file by selecting the
option j export to text file.

To find out the command line options for clm (or any other ESP-r module) use -help
in the command line e.g.:    clm -help